On Day 5, our parents and families brought their amazing showstoppers into Nursery for the children to taste. We couldn’t believe how many cakes and bakes we had! Our parents and children had been extremely busy at home practising their bake off skills.
Here are a few of our showstoppers…
We would like to say a big thank you to all the families that supported us and took the time to create their Bake Off showstopper!
Class 10 continued to work hard on their Maths last week. We were looking at subtraction strategies and applying these to missing number box work and word problems. The children coped really well with the different calculations and were successful at subtracting 4 digit numbers.
Well done Class 15 you had the best attendance in school this week.
On Thursday we made cheesy garlic bread.
Here is our recipe:
You will need:
Baguette / Part baked rolls
- Slice the baguette into round pieces
- Use a garlic press or chop the garlic up into small pieces and mix with the butter
- Spread the garlic butter over the bread
- Sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake in a hot oven until the cheese has melted
Spreading the garlic butter
Sprinkling the cheese on top
Ready for the oven
On Wednesday we made some cheese straws.
Here is our recipe.
You will need:
100 grams (4oz) Self raising flour
Pinch of salt
Tea spoon mustard
50 grams (2oz) margarine
75 grams (3oz) grated cheese
1 beaten egg
- Rub flour, salt and margarine together
- Mix in the cheese and add egg to make a stiff dough
- Roll out and cut into long thin straws
- Place on a greased baking tray
- Bake at gas mark 4 / 180c / 350f for 10 to 15 minutes
Weighing the margarine
Adding the cheese
Getting the cheese straws ready for the oven