The Milford Academy are committed to a whole school response to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). We provide an inclusive education for all pupils to ensure they reach their full potential. We believe parents/carers have a vital role in supporting their child’s learning and encourage parents/carers to work in partnership with our school. Our SEN Team are always available to meet with parents/carers to dicsuss progress and any concerns that may arise.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Provision is provision which is additional to or otherwise different from the educational provision made generally for pupils of their age in school.
At The Milford Academy SEND provision may include:
- Individual Provision Maps with specific targets and timetabled support for individuals requiring greater levels of support.
- Visual timetables.
- Social Stories.
- Specific small group interventions.
- Teaching assistant support within a classroom setting.
- 1:1 support.
- Support from Achievement Manager.
- Links with outside agencies e.g. Speech and Language Therapist, Educational Psychologist, Occupational and Physiotherapists, Autism Team, Behaviour Support Team, Learning Support Team, Counsellor.
If you have any concerns regarding your child please see Mrs Rowe or Mrs Butler.
For further support on EHC Plans there is an Independent Support Programme. Independent Supporters are independent of the decision-making professionals and are there to give parents and young people impartial information, advice and support to help them through the EHCP needs assessment process. Please see https://www.futuresadvice.co.uk/independent-support.html. Leaflets are also available from Mrs Butler.