Tickets are available from Nursery and your class teacher at the end of the day (please wait until all children have been dismissed safely before asking). We will also be selling tickets at all the Foundation Stage Nativity performances.
Tickets are £1 a strip and all money raised will help to buy new equipment for Nursery and Foundation 2.
We will draw the raffle at the end of the Nativity performance on Friday Afternoon.
We have some lovely prizes up for grabs, including teddies, toiletries, Christmas themed gifts and much more.
You have to be in it to win it!
We have a very busy two weeks ahead of us. Here are a few pieces of important information:
- All Nursery children are involved in the Nativity and have singing parts. Please can you dress them in a Christmas jumper or in their party clothes on Thursday and Friday this week for the Nativity performances.
- Thursday 21st December is Party Day. All Nursery children are to arrive at 10am and be collected at 2pm. Nursery will be closed before and after these times.
- Please can all children bring a carrier bag with their name on, so they can put all their Christmas crafts inside to take home.
- Party Food slips will be available from Monday 18th Please take one slip and bring in the item ready for party day.
- We are having a Christmas Raffle. Tickets are available from Nursery for £1 a strip. We have a number of lovely prizes to win. We will draw the raffle at the end of Friday’s Nativity performance. Prizes will be saved and given out on Monday if you are not present.
- School and Nursery will finish at 2pm on Friday 22nd December. Please collect your child from Nursery at 2pm.
Our Foundation Stage Nativity Play this year is called “A King Is Born!”
We will be performing it 4 times :
- Thursday 14th December at 10.00am and 2.00pm
- Friday 15th December at 10.00am and 2.00pm
Tickets will be available from your child’s teacher from Monday 4th December. Please don’t go to the main office because they won’t be able to help you.
To begin with, we will allocate each family 2 tickets on a first come, first served basis as there is a limit for fire safety. Any remaining tickets will become available from Monday 11th December.
Mrs Simons, Mrs Smith and Mrs Litchfield
As many of you may be aware, the government committed to doubling the amount of free childcare from 15 to 30 hours a week for working parents of nursery age pupils.
As of January 2018, we will have limited spaces for families eligible for the 30 hours funding.
In order to be considered for a 30 hour place in Nursery, you will need to show us your National Insurance Number, Child’s birth certificate and eligibility code by Monday 27th November as places are limited, The Milford Academy will allocate places according to the following ranking criteria:
- Child’s birthday must be between 1/9/13 and 31/8/14
- The child is in our catchment area and has siblings already in school
- The child is in our catchment area
- The child is out of catchment and has siblings already in school
- The child is out of catchment – closest distance
- Attendance by comparison – this must be above 90%
Accessing the 30 hours funding at The Milford Academy will mean your child will start Nursery at 8.45am and finish at 3.30pm (doors open from 3.15pm). Lunchtime arrangements are not included in the universal provision and funded hours; therefore, there will be a charge of £1 for your child’s hot dinner. Nursery children will join the Reception children for their lunch.
If you are interested in receiving 30 hours funding at The Milford Academy Nursery, please provide us with your eligibility code by Monday 27th November and you will be considered for a place. Please remember that spaces are very limited and we will be referring to our ranking criteria in order to offer the places.
If you have any further questions, please speak to Mrs Smith or Mrs Flynn in the School Office.
We had a wonderful time celebrating Monkeys’s Birthday Party in Nursery.
We baked some cupcakes and biscuits for the party.
Monkey loves pirates so we made some pirate flags and bunting to decorate the Nursery.
Like all pirates, we needed some treasure maps so we knew where to find Monkey’s treasure! We had a go at making our own.
Pirate small world imaginative play…
We dressed up in our party clothes or came to Nursery dressed as pirates which was great fun.
Monkey loved the birthday cards we made for him. We left him a message inside and wrote our own names.
We had a fantastic party and Monkey needed a long nap after the children had gone home!