Welcome to Class 5!
Class 5 is a Year 2 class taught by Miss Broughton. Our Teaching Assistants is Ms. Cutts.
Ms. Cutts also teaches the class on Tuesday afternoons.
Design & Technology
This half term we have been working on our Design and Technology topic – ‘Moving Pictures’ . We have made some scenes from some well known traditional tales come alive!
Here are our levers from Jack and the Beanstalk
Wheels from Little Red Riding Hood
Gingerbread Man Sliders
In English this half term we have been enjoying reading traditional tales with a twist! Including Jim and the Jelly Beanstalk, The Ninja-Bread man and The Three Billy Goats Fluff.
We have also been working hard on improving our presentation and handwriting skills.
We have been very busy in Maths learning how to
– recognise the place value of each digit in a two-digit number (tens, ones)
– compare and order numbers from 0 up to 100; use <,>, and = signs
– use place value and number facts to solve problems
– add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: adding three one-digit numbers
– add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two-digit number and ones
– add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: a two-digit number and tens
– add and subtract numbers using concrete objects, pictorial representations, and mentally, including: two two-digit numbers
We have been applying what we have learnt during morning work when doing our number target.
Children will receive a series of tasks on Fridays to be completed by the following Friday. The tasks are to be completed in the children’s reading diaries. This gives families the flexibility to complete tasks in any order and over the weekend if this is more convenient.
Please ensure children have a complete kit in school at all times. We would really appreciate all items to be named. Please could all earrings be covered (please provide tape or plasters) or removed on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Children need to bring in £3 snack every half term. Your support with this is greatly appreciated.
Please keep visiting our page to find out about some of the wonderful work the children are covering in school.