On Tuesday we baked shortbread biscuits.
Here is our recipe:
You will need:
300grams (9oz) plain flour
100grams (3oz) sugar
200grams (6oz) Butter / Margarine
- Mix flour and sugar in a bowl
- Rub in butter
- Knead well to form a smooth paste
- Roll out to approximately 1cm thick
- Cut into rounds and place on a baking sheet
- Bake at gas mark 6 / 200’c / 400’f for 10 minutes
These can be decorated with hundreds and thousands, chocolate buttons, a little icing or anything else creative!
Weighing the sugar
Chopping the butter
Mixing the ingredients
Cutting out the biscuits
This week we explored pyramid structures with a range of materials. We tried straw, pasta, pipe cleaners, wooden sticks and paper rolls to build our models. We worked together well in small teams to produce our pyramids.
Well done to Class 3 for your hard work in Autumn 1. I am very proud of the start you have made to the year.
I have some superstar challenges that you could be getting on with during half term:
1) Try to write 3 Reading Diary entries. You could go to the Library and look at some new exciting books! If I am super impressed with your entries when you return to school, I may let you go in my prize box.
2) Practice forming your numbers in your Reading Diaries. Some of us are still rushing and getting them the wrong way round!
3) Practice writing the days of the week. After half term, I will do a spelling quiz to see if you can spell them.
4) Have fun with your families and have lots of sleep ready for Autumn 2! We are going to be very busy 🙂
Thank you to all of the children who have returned their forms for Parents Evening. I have tried my very best to allocate the times requested on a first come, first serve basis. The reply slips will go out tonight in the children’s communication wallets. If you need to change your appointment times for any reason, please let me know as soon as you can.
I look forward to discussing your child’s progress with you.
Many thanks again
Miss Broughton and Mrs Baggley would like to invite Year 2 to a special celebration picnic. We would like you to bring along your favourite soft toy and tell the other children its name and why it is special to you.
The picnic will take place on Thursday 20th October in the afternoon.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Miss Broughton & Mrs Baggley